Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches
4 lbs. boneless beef chuck pot roast
15 oz. tomato sauce
2 green peppers – sliced|
2 medium yellow onions – sliced
1 – 12 oz. jar sliced peperoncini’s (these are my favorites when I don’t have fresh banana peppers – they go good in everything from eggs to meatloaf)
4 tbs. Clint’s Good for Everything seasoning (2 parts salt, 1 part black pepper, 1 part garlic powder)
Some type of crusty bread – I like Ciabatta
Provolone cheese slices
– Drain the peperoncini’s, reserving 3 or 4 tablespoons of the liquid
– Trim the fat from the roast, season with about 2/3 of Clint’s Good for Everything seasoning
– Spray the insert of a 6 or 7 quart slow cooker with cooking spray
– Throw that bad boy roast in the slow cooker
– Pour tomato sauce over the roast
– Add green peppers, onions, a little over half of the peperoncini’s, and remaining seasoning on top
– Add the reserved peperoncini juice
– Cover and cook 10 – 12 hours
(LATER THAT EVENING…)
– Shred the meat and drain as much liquid as you can so it doesn’t make your bread all soggy
– Preheat oven to 250 degrees
– Half the buns, top with meat mixture and a slice or two of Provolone – maybe some extra peppers if your heart so desires.
– Cook that mess until the cheese melts. I put butter on the other half and toast it a bit as well.
Don’t forget to take a picture to post to Instagram and Facebook to make your friends, family, neighbors and enemies jealous.