CLINT’S AMAZING CROCK POT LASAGNA
1 lb. hamburger meat – fully cooked
1 lb. Italian sausage (or your choice of whatever) – fully cooked
2 jars marinara – again, whatever floats your boat
2 lbs. Ricotta cheese
2 cups Mozzarella – and again – or whatever you wanna use
1 egg beaten
No-boil lasagna noodles (Barilla works well)
A big ol’ Crock Pot (like the 6-quart size)
– Brown the meat, then add marinara sauce and simmer for 20 minutes or so.
– Combine Ricotta, 1 cup of other cheese, egg, Italian seasoning “to taste” (whatever that means)
– Spray the Crock Pot with cooking spray, then start the layers:
1) meat sauce 2) uncooked pasta 3) ricotta cheese mixture 4) spinach
– Break and fit the pasta to the shape of your Crock Pot
Do 2 or 3 layers – finish off with the meat sauce and cover with the remaining cup of extra cheese.
– Cook on low for 3 hours – any longer will overcook the noodles.
– Invite friends over, because this makes a BUNCH of lasagna…. Then tell everyone you came up with this idea yourself.