NEW ORLEANS – This morning at approximately 8:45 a.m. CDT, a discharge of liquids was observed from a diverter valve on the drill ship Discoverer Enterprise,which is on station at the MC252 well-site. As a precautionary measure,the lower marine riser package (LMRP) containment cap system, attached to the Discover Enterprise, has been moved off the Deepwater Horizon’s failed blow-out preventer to ensure the safety of operations and allow the unexpected release of liquids to be analyzed.
Capture of oil and gas through the LMRP cap is therefore temporarily suspended until such time that the cap can be re-installed. Capture of oil and gas through the BOP’s choke line to the Q4000 vessel on the surface continues.
- Report oiled shoreline or request volunteer information: (866) 448-5816
- Submit alternative response technology, services or products: (281) 366-5511
- Submit your vessel for the Vessel of Opportunity Program: (866) 279-7983 or (877) 847-7470
- Submit a claim for damages: (800) 440-0858
- Report oiled wildlife: (866) 557-1401