NEW ORLEANS – This morning at approximately 8:45 a.m. CDT, a discharge of liquids wasÂ observed from a diverter valve on the drill ship Discoverer Enterprise,which is on station at the MC252 well-site. As a precautionary measure,the lower marine riser package (LMRP) containment cap system, attachedÂ to the Discover Enterprise, has been moved off the Deepwater Horizon’sÂ failed blow-out preventer to ensure the safety of operations and allowÂ the unexpected release of liquids to be analyzed.
Capture of oil and gas through the LMRP cap is therefore temporarilyÂ suspended until such time that the cap can be re-installed. Capture ofÂ oil and gas through the BOP’s choke line to the Q4000 vessel on theÂ surface continues.
- Report oiled shoreline or request volunteer information: (866) 448-5816
- Submit alternative response technology, services or products: (281) 366-5511
- Submit your vessel for the Vessel of Opportunity Program: (866) 279-7983 or (877) 847-7470
- Submit a claim for damages: (800) 440-0858
- Report oiled wildlife: (866) 557-1401
Powered by Facebook Comments