Drive By Trucker Patterson Hood – ZEW Lounge
Interview – history of the band, record business (literally, pressing vinyl quality sound), record labels,
Songs – one song is a sneak ‘earview’ of what’s to come from the Truckers.
Note that some of the best stuff happens when mic is not on.
- He arrives with guitar, quiet, purposeful, seems to just want to get it done.
- Made him laugh with quip about Carney leaving guitar and how tempted I was to have John Mayer autograph it before sending it back.
- Ice Breaker (I’m always a little nervous during these interviews too)
- Patterson busted out laughing, ‘God that would be hilarious’
- ‘Tell John, it’s for a dear friend of ours and get a picture of him playing it too ha ha ha’
- So hear’s the interview and performance (he played a brand new song that’s not even recorded yet!)
- Things learned when mic was off….
- He wrote Sinkhole when leaving Mobile last time, lyrics and music came to him while stuck in traffic on I-10. He pulled over in Baton Rouge to write it all down.
- Jason Isbell hasn’t been with the band since ‘Never Gonna Change’.
Powered by Facebook Comments