‘Survey Says’ — Everybody Hurts, Tears in Heaven, and Hallelujah can make a grown man cry.
PRS for Music, the British version of RIAA, companies that collects and pays royalties to artists, conducted an online survey of songs that make grown men cry. Here’s the top 10 from the 1757 that responded.
Top ten songs that make men cry
1. Everybody Hurts – REM
2. Tears in Heaven – Eric Clapton
3. Hallelujah – Leonard Cohen
4. Nothing Compares 2 U – Sinead O’Connor
5. With or Without You – U2
6. Drugs Don’t Work – The Verve
7. Candle In The Wind – Elton John
8. Streets of Philadelphia – Bruce Springsteen
9. Unchained Melody – Todd Duncan
10. Angels – Robbie Williams
Source: PRS for Music
REM’s Everybody Hurts was used as a charity single early this year in response to the 2010 Haiti earthquake, in which VAT and royalties were waived to maximise the aid money. The single became the UK’s fastest-selling charity record of the 21st century
ZEW SURVEY — What song do you know that makes a grown man get emotional?