Happy International Pickle Day!! May 16, 2011
Oh my pickle, you’re so fickle,
But everyone loves you, Â so you’ve got some rules too.
No matter what they say, the best are Mom’s homemade
ah, childhood memories, those homecanned pickles were the Best I tell ya.
Did you know:
- In the state of Connecticut, in order for a pickle to officially be considered a pickle, it must bounce. Plus, you may not sell a pickle that will fall apart if dropped 12 inches.
- In Trenton, New Jersey, it is illegal to throw a bad pickle in the street.
- In Rhode Island, it is illegal to throw pickle juice on a trolley.
- In some parts of the south, its illegal for women to eat pickles with their feet up on the porch railings!
- Pickles were mentioned at least twice in the Bible.
- The 57 on the Heinz ketchup bottle represents the number of varieties of pickles the company once had.
- Aristotle praised their healing effects.
- Julius Caesar made his army eat them, maybe because…
- Cleopatras favorite food was pickles. She said they made her beautiful.
- John Lennons first girlfriend was named Thelma Pickles.
- And our first president George Washington loved pickles.
Powered by Facebook Comments