Entire Clash Catalogue in the Midst of Remastering by Mick JonesÂ Â – Â Light a Candle in Memory of Jeff Buckley — Â Outrageous quotes from birthday boy Noel Gallagherposted by: Lee Ann Waters
September 10th sees the release of The Clashâ€™s Sound System 12-disc set, which features remastered versions of all of the bandâ€™s studio albums, three CDs of demos, non-album singles, B-sides and rarities, and a DVD of music videos and unseen footage. Remastering is a pretty detailed, difficult task at times says guitarist Mick Jones:
â€œThe tapes were rotten, the original tapes were pretty rotten by now, especially some of the earlier ones. So what we had to do is take all the tapes and then you have to bake them in an oven. Thereâ€™s oxide, like a metal oxide on the tapes, yeah, and the music is actually on that and if you donâ€™t bake them, it doesnâ€™t stay on the tape, and so it falls off and the music is actually on there. And then you can play them once or maybe twice, maximum, and then you have to digitalize it all then and itâ€™s remastered.â€
Thereâ€™s also original and newly commissioned fanzines, an exclusive poster, dog tags, stickers, badges and more to go along with the big Clash package that’s available September 10th. It should be easy to spot as it has that classic boombox shape, which was designed by bassist Paul Simonon.
Light a Candle to exercise your Golden Promise in Memory of Jeff Buckley
16 years ago today, 1997, we lost a legend in the making, Jeff Buckley, who drowned in the Mississippi River near Memphis. He was in the process of recording his sophomore album ‘Sketches for My Sweetheart, the Drunk.’ Â It’s said his vocal range was at least four octaves and he could hit tenor high notes with or without falsetto, apparently the same range as Luciano Pavarotti. Â Musicians that inspired Buckley cited his first album ‘Grace’ numerous times as one of the best albums. Even Bob Dylan praised Buckley’s songwriting skills.
RIP Jeff Buckley as you travel down that lost highway, paying your rent in the tower of song.
Oasis’ Noel Gallagher turns 45 today
Sassy, opinionated britboy Noel Gallagher of Oasis fame celebrates his 45th birthday today. Don’t believe me on his arrogance? Here’s just a few samples found in shortlist.com (among other places). Read the rest of the 50 quotes list here.
- “JACK WHITE, RIGHT, HAS JUST DONE A SONG FOR COCA-COLA. … Â HE CEASES TO BE IN THE CLUB. AND HE LOOKS LIKE ZORRO ON DOUGHNUTS.”
- “I DESPISE HIP HOP. LOATHE IT. EMINEM IS AN IDIOT AND I FIND 50 CENT THE MOST DISTASTEFUL CHARACTER I HAVE EVER CROSSED IN MY LIFE.”
- “PAUL MCCARTNEY, ONE OF THE BEST SONGWRITERS OF ALL TIME, HAS ONLY PRODUCED MANURE FOR THE PAST 25 YEARS.”
- “KYLIE MINOGUE IS JUST A DEMONIC LITTLE IDIOT AS FAR AS I’M CONCERNED.”
- “LIAM IS… RUDE, ARROGANT, INTIMIDATING AND LAZY. HE’S THE ANGRIEST MAN YOU’LL EVER MEET. HE’S LIKE A MAN WITH A FORK IN A WORLD OF SOUp
- â€œI HAD BUILT FOR ME A CUSTOMIZED 1967 MARK II JAGUAR CONVERTIBLE AT A COST OF Â£110,000, AND I HAVENâ€™T GOT A DRIVING LICENSE. ITâ€™S USELESS TO ME.
- “WE’RE NOT ARROGANT, WE JUST BELIEVE WE’RE THE BEST BAND IN THE WORLD.”
- “AS SOON AS PEOPLE REALISE THAT THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY TAKE DRUGS, THEN THE BETTER OFF WE’LL ALL BE.”
Powered by Facebook Comments