Congratulations to Guitar Legend Santana, honored by Los Angeles educators with a school named after him.
Carlos Santana has ten GRAMMYs, three Latin GRAMMYs and now, he’s got a school named after him. The L-A Unified School Board approved the name Carlos Santana Arts Academy for what has been called Valley Region Elementary School No. 12 in the San Fernando Valley. The Board was moved by the famed guitarist philanthropic efforts and musical legacy and felt he is a compelling role model. In a letter, the rocker thanked the district and said he was deeply honored.
Santana is on tour with Michael Franti and Spearhead opening.
More Music News
- Joe Strummer Gets a Spanish Plaza
- #Hangoutfest Backstage Video – @DeltaRae Performs and Chats
- #Hangoutfest Video Backstage – Sheepdogs Unplugged Performance and Interview
- #Hangoutfest Backstage Video – ZEW Interview with Rising Star Lissie
- Backstage #hangoutfest video center. There’s Tim Finnigan, master controller. #HangoutRadio, 92ZEW.net. 92.1 FM