The new holiday sales event for music-loving audiophiles…. Record Store Day. April 21, 2012. Here’s a list of limited edition vinyl records that will be available for the occasion. via Consequence of Sound.net
David Bowie’s 1972 hit single “Starman” b/w a recording of the track from his Tops of Pops performance will be reissued on a limted 7″ picture disc. A 7″ box containing “Starman” and “Suffragette City”, plus a 128-page photo book by Mick Rock, will also be available.
– Leonard Cohen will release his Live in Fredericton EP on vinyl.
– Jimmy Fallon will release his “Tebowie” tracks, “Tebowie” and “Reading Rainbow”, for the first time on 7″ vinyl.
– Bruce Springsteen will release the Wrecking Ball track “Rocky Ground” and a live version of “The Promise” on 7″ vinyl.
– Paul McCartney will reissue his first solo single, “Another Day”, b/w the B-Side “Oh Woman, Oh Why”, on an exclusive Record Store Day-only 7″.
– Refused will reissue their acclaimed LP The Shape of Punk to Come on limited edition colored vinyl.
– Sigur Rós will reissue their compilation album Hvarf/Heim on 150 gram, multi colored vinyl.
– Uncle Tupelo’s first three studio albums, 1990′s No Depression, 1992′s Still Feel Gone, and 1992′s March 16-20, 1992, will be reissued on 180 gram vinyl.
– Gorillaz’s collaborative track with James Murphy and Andre 3000, “DoYaThing”, will be released on limited-edition 10″ vinyl.
– Paul Simon’s Graceland 25th Anniversary edition will be available on vinyl.
– Patti Smith’s 1975 debut, Horses, will be reissued on vinyl.
– Janis Joplin’s 1971 album, Pearl, will be reissued in an extremely rare mono format. Also available will be a companion vinyl, Highlights from The Pearl Sessions, featuring several previously unreleasd and almost-never-heard alternate takes and early versions of classic songs.
– Lou Reed’s solo album Transformer and live album Rock ‘n’ Roll Animal will be reissued on vinyl.
– Iggy and the Stooges’ classic LP Raw Power will be reissued on vinyl, with both the 1973 David Bowie mix and the 1997 Iggy Pop mix, along with a 16 page book.
– Grateful Dead’s previously unavailable Dark Star: Europe ’72 Olympia Theatre – Paris, France 5/4/72 will be released on vinyl for the first time. 4,200 copies will be available.
– Wilco’s latest LP, The Whole Love, will be available in a special “very” limited deluxe box set
– Eddie Vedder will release a two-track 7″ comprised of live Pearl Jam covers, “Love Boat Captain” and “Wishlist”, recorded during his Ukelele Songs tour last year.
– Ryan Adams will release a 7″ contain two Bob Mould covers, “Heartbreak A Stranger” and “Black Sheets Of Rain”, recorded during a tribute concert in Los Angeles last November.
– Devo will release a live album called Live in Seattle 1981. The 2-LP set was cut from a cassette recording of Devo show in Seattle, WA show in November 1981. Devo archivist Michael Pilmer (aka Devo-Obsesso), found the tape in a shoebox full of cassettes in Bob No 2’s home fifteen years ago, which he immediately transferred it to DAT.
– Phish will reissue their first album, Junta, in two different deluxe LP configurations, including one (Pollock Version) which features a new piece of art by the original artists.
– Pete Townshend will release the Quadrophenia Demos Part 2 on 10″ vinyl.
– Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros will release two non-album tracks, “One Love To Another”/” A Note To The American Democrat”.
– Danny Brown will finally release his standout album XXX as a two-LP 12″ vinyl, with a bonus white 7″ vinyl.
– Childish Gambino will release his single “Heartbeat” on 12″ red vinyl.
– Gary Clark Jr. will release HWUL Raw Cuts Vol. 1, featuring new live tracks “Third Stone From The Sun/You Love Me Like You Say” and “Bright Lights”.