Crocking With Clint 02-07-18
Clint’s “You’re Not From the South – Why Is This So Good?” Jambalaya
So, quick story about this one. I love jambalaya. I’m from Montana – they’ve never heard of it.
So I experimented for a couple years creating my own version – tried it out on a lot of starving,
under-paid radio producers until they said “yup – that’s good!”. The rest is history.
- 1 lb. medium / large shrimp – without tails, veins, and all that stuff
- 1 lb. chicken, cut into cubes
- 1 lb. gator or Conecuh sausage
- 28 oz chopped tomatoes (I use the basil/garlic/oregano – adds a bit more flavor)
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 chopped medium onion
- 1 cup chicken broth (just slightly less than that)
- ¼ cup white wine (just slightly more than that)
- 1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
Using a 6-quart or larger Crock Pot, throw all that stuff except for the shrimp in – add my (formerly) Super-Secret Seasonings (see below).
Cook on high 3-4 hours, or low all damn day if you so desire.
Add shrimp ½ hour before serving – right about the time you’re making the rice.
Make rice – 4 cups cooked is about right (don’t you hate it when recipes don’t tell you “cooked or uncooked”???).
Add rice and let it soak up all the goodness.
no measurements…you just gotta “feel” it
- Tony Chachere’s Creole seasoning
- Parsley flakes
- Lemon Pepper (yes, lemon pepper)
- Nature’s Seasoning
- Cayenne pepper (how much is TOTALLY up to you)
- Bay leaves